Thursday, February 18, 2016

Admitting I have a problem; Love is in the hair

For anyone who knows me, they know I have a very slight (large) obsession with my hair. The amount of time that ive spent at the hairdressers in the last few years I could have learnt a second language. It's honestly not that bad of an obsession though guys.... (Lies)

I don't know quite what draws me to it so much. Whether it be the anticipation for the arrival of the appointment date and time, or if its the nifty cape I get to wear (whilst in my head pretending I'm at hogwarts). It could even be the stinging smell of peroxide in my nose or the quiet snip of the scissors cutting my hair and letting my offcut locks skydive to their final resting place. 

It's the first thing I notice on a person. I look for the style, the inspiration, the colour, the upkeep and the bounce or lack their of. It can make or break my first impression drastically. 

Over the years I've had my fair share of hair experiments. I've gone dark, a blue fringe, grey, blonde, once I even went a little crazy and went purple for a week. I've had long hair, a bob, a side fringe, a front fringe, buzzed back and sides. I went through a lady bun phase (female man bun) I've done pretty much everything but go red and dreads. 

My advice for you today is to try out a haircut or style you've been wanting to do forever. Don't listen to the critics, do you! And if you hate it I'm living proof that you can change it in a few hours alone time with your trusty hairdresser. (*hint hint* i recommend highly going a pixie cut.. But I may be bias)

Anyway Here's a small snippet of a few of my hair styles that I've loved over the years. 

Have a fabulous weekend guys, 

Rachel 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment