Thursday, February 11, 2016

The long quest to contentment

Over the last few years I have had this big question; "what is contentment and how do I find it?". I have been through many trial and error attempts and I am still not there. I have asked friends and family in passing this same question and I've been told that you never truly do find contentment and it's a work in progress your whole life. This seems like a fair enough answer. 

A few thoughts I've had though, that I for some reason believed could fulfil this need are relationships, fitness and money. Here are my findings;

Relationships: I have tried to find a boyfriend. I have baked for, gifted, surprised, tried to love so many people I think I have think I've been through more boys than toothbrushes in the last two years. It's obviously not working, whatever I'm doing. The sad thing is that it's leaving me in more hurt than happiness. So my 2016 goal is to give up. I'm going to 120% focus on me and if a boy turns up out no where great and if they dont, even better. 

Fitness: I trained myself to the point of exhaustion in 2014, so much so that I lost my love for the "gym scene" and I gave it up completely. I juiced the happiness out of my training and what was left was an empty corpse of a hobbie that left me feeling resentment towards it. So this year, I'm going to start it up again, but I'm going to go slow, I'm going to try different exercises and different sports. Im going to do it for my health and happiness instead of for competition. 

Money: I worked my butt off over 2015. Minimal days off, long hours, lots of tears where lost in exchange for money. The funny thing is I didn't save much of it, I blew it, God knows where but I blew it. I literally have nothing to show for all my hard work. I was greedy and I spent it greedily. 2016 I am of course going to work but I'm not going to strain myself, I'm going to take time to adventure, to learn, to explore with the money that I make. 

This is my promise for 2016; this is the year of me and the next chapter in the story of my journey to contentment. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Rachel, I believe you can do it. Taking time for yourself is definitely needed girl. Enjoy your time - Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Rach,
      I can't wait to read more and listen as you achieve all your wonderful goals.
      You are still young and you have plenty of time to achieve everything you put your mind too.
      Mr right will pop up when you least expect it.
      Bec 😘😘

      Delete
  2. You are on your way! Life is all about learning! Learning from your mistakes, learning from love, and learning from experiences. You are growing up girlie! I have faith that you will be successful in this journey! Do you, the rest will follow��

    ReplyDelete