Saturday, February 13, 2016

No date. No problem.

In light of my lack of date today on "the most romantic day of the year" (If you didn't read that sarcastically please read it again in a sarcastic tone before continuing) here's a throwback to prom 2012. 

Being an exchange student in a foreign country  I was cocky and put under false pretences that it would be easy to find a date to the prom.... I was very wrong. I did try, I actually tried really hard to find a date. After I shed many tears my friend Sascha had the brilliant idea that we should not miss the dance but instead go together as friends. 

The day rolled around and we went all out, we bought each other corsages, we got photos done and it was actually an amazing night despite my initial disappoint that not a single boy in the whole school (of 2000 students) wanted to take the poor lonely Australian girl to prom. 

The reason I bring this up today on Valentine's Day is because if (like me) you don't have a boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, partner, child, cat, fish or teddy bear to love today and in whom will return the love, don't let it get you down!. I know those rotten memes are rude, you know the ones that say things like "Don't get sad on Valentine's Day, no one loves you any other day of the year either". They're harsh, but honestly they are right, Please don't sit inside moping and crying into your tub of icecream. Instead do what I did for prom and pick yourself up, dust yourself off and find a not so traditional way to spend the occasion. You never know. It could surprise you! 


Rachel 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment