Sunday, February 21, 2016

The driving report

It's been around 14 months now since I (finally) got my licence on the first (fourth) try. In that time I have only slightly got better but can still not understand how I could be so shocking at such a basic human skill. 

Last night whilst driving to Melbourne and back I realised how bad my road rage can get. I also realised I am not In a position where I should be allowed to give other drivers any form of driving tips but here I am and I have compiled a list of things other drivers do that royally get my blood boiling !!!. But I am also all about equality and I also wrote a list of what I do that I constantly get flipped off at for. 

idosyncricies of the other drivers;

* Not turning off their high beam lights when passing me on a dark road. This causes me to go temporarily blind for 5 seconds and then have that two littles orbs floating in my vision interrupting my view of the road. Not okay. Not nice. 

* Bullying me to go faster. Abusing me from behind on the freeway when IM DOING THE SPEEDLIMIT (the law) and trying to pressure me into switching lanes. No sir. If you're so in need to rush don't let me stop YOU from switching lanes. Jerk. 

* Failure to read other cars obvious actions When the car behind can obviously see I'm (trying) to reverse parellel park (which is really hard) but decides anyway to get up so close to my bum that I cant possibly reverse back more than an inch so I'm forced to make alternate parking arrangements

Hans Englebert (picture below) and I; 

* Poor judgement We went into the middle of the intersection with the intention to turn right but the light goes red. What would you do? Apparently the Hans and Rachel duo decide to just sit their and let people go around. (I now know that was the wrong choice)

* Failure to shoulder check my driving teacher explained blind spots in my lessons but I didn't pay huge attention because I couldn't understand how anyone could be that stupid to completely miss seeing a car on the road..... 

The amount of times I've scared myself and a car to the right of me due to me trying to change lanes but not checking Hans blind spot is not a number I should legally disclose. 

Overall review; People suck but I also suck. I award myself a C- in driving ability.

Have a fab week everyone, and stay safe on the roads. 

Rachel 💋
- the infamous Hans Englebert and Rachel Maree duo - 


No comments:

Post a Comment