Monday, February 29, 2016

Rachel's inability to adult efficiently


I am 20 years old and I am still not entirely sure how anyone can get the hang of this adult business. I live out of home, I work, I have a car, I'm "independent" but I am also useless at being a responsible adult. 

Definition; 
Adult: A person that is fully grown or developed. 

I am fully grown ( I suppose) but developed ? I'm a little rusty.....

I miss the days where there was always food in the house. Opening the cupboards to full loaves of fresh bread, abundances of crisp fruits, theee varieties of muesli bars and twenty different flavoured cereals *drools*. Not I open my cupboard and I see two minute noodles, tuna cans, pasta packets, rice, tea bags and cuppa soups (all cheap and nasty). Some nights im either too lazy to cook, go to the store or I'm so low on money that I'm forced to be creative. I've eaten things for dinner like boiled rice and soy sauce (if I'm lucky I'll find and throw in a can on tuna), I've had potatoes mashed into patties with cheese and tuna and sometimes I'll just crack open and eat a can of tuna. (Not sure why tuna features in all of these examples but you'll understand it one day if you like the canned goodness and you're living out of home on a budget). 

I never understood the pain of paying bills until I first hand had to deal with my phone getting cut off. It's not always because I'm low on money either.... It's more along the lines of I'm forgetful and Vodafone are really terrible at reminding me to pay them. Another bill I can't seem to get right is paying my tolls when I drive to the city, I go and have a great adventure and then come home and completely forget about the tollways and by the time I finally spark memory to take care of them the bastards have tripled in price. (*sigh* *removes kidney to sell in order to pay tolls*)

Adulthood I've found is also a lot of cleaning that I seem to be really talented at avoiding, like cleaning out the inside of my car, neatly folding/hanging up my clothes and scrubbing the shower. The worst part is there is no one to bark at you to do it, and as annoying as nagging parents may seem they are good at making you get the job done regardless of how tedious and time consuming the chore is. 

A scheduled bed time has also become a blurred memory since passing over into the world of adulthood. Last night I fell asleep around 3:45am, tonight I'm up typing at 12:11am, some nights I just ignore the need to sleep at all. I'm patiently waiting for the day I'll become a responsible woman and retire myself to bed at 9:30pm so I can get a "good nights sleep". Just joking that sounds boring, but I do wonder what being awake and alert feels like without having to constantly pump caffeine through my lethargic veins.

Anyway in short I fell headfirst into this adult business and I've found I'm really bad at it and I think I may in the near future have to hire a full time babysitter to watch over me because this is getting out of hand. 

Stay safe everyone and never grow up, save yourself before it's too late. 

Rachel 💋





No comments:

Post a Comment