Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Little Miss Indecisive

I remember in primary school telling anyone who asked (or would listen) that I was going to a lawyer, the best lawyer that ever had walked into a courthouse. 

This self proclaimed future job title stuck with me right throughout high school until around year eleven. Then I started panicking. How can I be choosing my future off a childhood dream? I then started exploring options. 

In America whilst on my exchange through my theatre class I fell in love with acting and was sure I wanted to be a famous actress. Coming home from my year abroad I fell back from the stars and back to earth (reality) and my dream shattered into a long lost memory. I started my classes for VCE and in my business management class I learnt about public relations, I decided I really enjoyed that topic and that I was destined to be a publicist, I did a small work experience gig in Sydney and I loved it, i kept up to date with all the top publicists and I even applied and got accepted into a double major for it at university but I deffered. 

I wasn't sure it was for me so I started looking into being a air hostess for the Australian defence force which the idea of excited me, but I sprained my ankle the week before my meeting and I freaked out and cancelled the appointment but I promised myself I'd reschedule. I never did. 

I decided to just work a year and save before sucking it up and just doing public relations like I'd planned at university.

Then I thought maybe I could go back to that air hostess idea but for a commercial airline instead, again I'm second guessed it and just left the idea aside. 

So lately I (Miss indesisive) have been thinking that I should take my love of cooking further and start a cooking apprenticeship but I keep hesitating. 

In all honestly I have no idea what I want to do or who I want to be. I could literally be anything I wanted to be and that's such a scary thought. How can anyone choose? 

So for the next person who asks if I'm studying or what I'm doing with my life, my answer is no I'm not and I have no idea. I'm working, I'm travelling, I live out of home, I have a car, I'm not dead yet and I'm still young so just let me be and hopefully I'll age like a fine wine.

Rachel 💋


No comments:

Post a Comment