Friday, April 15, 2016

Silver linings

This week has been woeful. 

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong but instead of what I usually do (cry and eat) i have proudly become so insensitively numb to distasteful situations that I seem to just laugh at them and myself. I really am hopeless but what can you do?

This not throwing a tantrum thing though when things mess up... This is odd, and I think it may be called being an adult? I could be wrong though.

After reflecting on this new found skill I believe that ive learnt that instead of wasting time sulking Ived used that time productively to try and counteract or at least better a situation regardless of how bitter it may be (I accidentally get myself into some very bitter situations). For example on my way to get pizza last night I realised that I had no petrol so I decided I would stop to fill up on my way to the pizza store. Unfortunately around 750 metres from the service station my car completely stopped and I realised that I had run out of fuel completely and of course in typical Rachel fashion it was terrible timing, it was at a set of lights. Luckily I was on a hill and I could roll around the corner and park so I didn't hold up any traffic and cause an accident (silver lining). I just sat there in my car mortified at the sticky situation id got myself into and instead of throwing a hissyfit like I would have a year ago I sighed and picked up my phone and called my step mum who (bless her) brought me a jerrycan to fill up my poor car and I was back on the road and able to rescue my pizza from being thrown out after being left there for such a long time. 

When I got home after already having a bad day I found out whilst eating my rescued pizza  that I would have to move out of my place on unforeseen circumstances. Again, I could have gone and got ice cream out of the freezer and medicinally devoured it. Yet I spent the next few hours organising myself a new place instead (gold star Rachel). 

In short I seem to have learnt that no matter the situation there is no reason to work yourself into a state over it. Regardless of how tragic a day seems there are ALWAYS silver linings, some times you just have to dig deeper to find them. Everything happens for a reason and there is always a lesson to be learnt.

What did I learn yesterday? I learnt that no matter how much I hate filling up petrol it's inevitable and I need to stop being a sook and just man up and do it. 

Here I raise my tea cup to myself hoping next week is a better one. 

Stay fabulous. 

Rachel 💋


1 comment: